Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The Blog Competition. To my shock and horror, there aren't too many Royals blogs out there. Lots of them haven't had posts in ages (strangely, many stopped posting in June 2004, when the Missouri state legislature declared the team a disaster area, qualifying them for irrelevance for the 12 months). But I have found a few that I visit fairly regularly and recommend you do the same:

Bradford Doolittle has posted his top Royal fantasy picks for 2005 on espn.com. Notable omission: Angel Berroa. I know Angel's stock has plummeted stupid-fast in my mind, so its reassuring to see that I'm not the only one who thinks his career will be nasty, brutish and short.

Please also see Kevin's Royals' Blog (I think he's missing an apostrophe). Well written workday thoughts on our less-than-lovable losers.

Royals Baseball Blog is more of a Royals reference/portal site than a provider of original commentary. They post things on the Royals that I often miss, so its worth a check.

3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Just for the record, the meaning of my title is, "Kevin's blog about the Royals," so the no-apostrophe thing is right. Anyway, thanks so much for the link. I really like what you're doing here at The Daily Lancer; keep it up. We Royals bloggers can't continue to hide in the weeds.

By the way, are you a Royals BaseballBoards/FanHome/Rivals.com/Scout.com boardie?

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger DL said...

The apostrophe business was a juvenile jab at the "competition" :-). Thanks for your kind words, though. Its hard to build traffic.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Bradford Doolittle said...

Hey, thanks for the link! Actually, that column was just about players who might be newly available for keeper/sim league drafts (DeJesus didn't actually debut last year but I included him anyway). For now, I'm withholding my thoughts about Berroa but I'm not quite convinced that he will flame out Febles-style.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home