Saturday, April 09, 2005

Denny's Grand Slam

NOTE TO SELF - Stop making short-term predictions. You suck at it.

Kevin is on the money - that was the most dominating performance I've seen from a Royals starting pitcher in a long, long time. I was able to watch the entire game, and he was absolutely spectacular from start-to-finish. His control was superb, his fastball was overpowering and his curve was devastating. There were only 3 or 4 hard hit balls against him all night. Needless to say, I was very, very (pleasantly) surprised.

Of course, as a certified Wet BlanketTM I'm going to withhold judgment until I see Bautista make 10 starts. I still expect he'll be inconsistent from start to start.

But today, we celebrate: we now have a very clear idea of what he is capable of, and it's extremely promising.

Affeldt still stinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home